Well, I am trying to make 2014 the year for getting some projects finished – my sewing room has become smaller, so I just won’t have the room for all my unfinished projects, nor the time I used to have to dedicate to them! In an effort to keep working on projects and holding myself accountable for finishing them, I am joining in the Finish Along again! I only completed about 1/2 my list last year, but that was better than finishing nothing and starting a bunch of new ones!
So for this quarter I have a couple of leftover projects and some new ones.
1. Hexagon pillow – I started this pillow over the summer and only have 8 more hexagons that have to be attached, then quilted to make the pillow cover. As I am supposed to being doing a small demo on English Paper Piecing at my Quilt Guild Meeting in February I am hoping to have this mostly done to show as part of the demo (adding borders, removing paper, ect).
2. Star Pillow – I need to get a pillow cover finished for this so it can go down on the reading bench to lean against! My husband was nice enough to custom build the bench, so now I just need to finish up the pillows!
3. The baby Textures quilt – this still needs to be quilted and finished. It has no real recipient, but it would be nice to be able to put it in the finished pile (and to have on hand for a last minute present, the number of people I know having kids seems to grow each week!).
4. Mom’s Pillow – After some renos last year, she is need of a pillow for some new furniture. I am thinking a nice dresdren plate pillow would look great with the other grey and yellow flowers she has going on in the room.
5. Mystery Quilt – I made this quilt with the local guild this year and need to get it basted, quilted and bound. I am hoping to use it as a Christmas present.
6. Star quilt – this is all nicely bound, it just needsto be quilted, in which case I need to pick a pattern to quilt it with.
7. Star of Bears – This quilt needs to be done in the next couple of weeks as the baby this is a present for is due Aug 5th!
8. Christmas Monkeys – this poor quilt keeps getting pushed behind other projects at every stage. All that is left at this point is to bind it and remove all the basting pins!
That seems like a good list with a new baby in the house!